Our Web Policy Disclosure Notice
Caution: Peoples Neighborhood Bank will not e-mail you or ask you for personal information on their website. If you are contacted by someone asking you for confidential information and you suspect they are acting in a fraudulent manner, please contact The Federal Trade Commission.
Some of the links that we have provided take you off our website and connect you to informational pages that may interest you. We do not recommend, guarantee, or endorse any product, information, recommendation, or service that is linked to the Peoples Neighborhood Bank Website. Please be careful when choosing a link from our page. Be aware that you may be leaving our site and that we do not provide and are not responsible for the product, service or overall website content available at the linked website. Our security and privacy policies do not extend to the linked website. You should consult the security and privacy policies of each linked website for further information.
The following privacy principles were established to maintain the security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal financial information. Click here for more information.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. Our employees are educated about the importance of maintaining confidentiality and customer privacy.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
If you ever have questions or concerns about the integrity of your account information, please contact us.
Peoples Neighborhood Bank respects your privacy, our Website does not require you to disclose any personal identifying information nor will we solicit information such as (SSN, account numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, PINs, etc.) by means of email. If you receive an email requesting confidential information from someone claiming to represent Peoples Neighborhood Bank, do not respond to the email. Please call (570)879-2175 and the Federal Trade Commission to report any solicitation of this kind that you may receive.
If, however, you chose to contact us via-email, please keep in mind that your e-mail address and other information in your e-mail header will be revealed to us in the email message. We pledge, however, that when you communicate with us via e-mail, we will use your e-mail information only for the specific purpose of responding to your comments, questions or forms. Your e-mail address will not be sold, nor will it be shared with others outside the bank unless we are compelled to do so by law.
It is possible to create a website like ours without using cookies, however, the security aspects of such a site would be much more obvious to the user and, therefore, less secure. We feel that requiring cookies in PNB Online is a small price to pay for the added security and improved user experience.
Peoples Neighborhood Bank Online Banking Agreement
This agreement describes your rights and responsibilities as a user of PNB Online as well as the rights and responsibilities of Peoples Neighborhood Bank. Please read this agreement carefully. By requesting and using this service, you agree to comply with this agreement.
The following definitions apply in the agreement
- PNB Online is the internet-based service providing access to Peoples Neighborhood Bank accounts.
- Password/PIN refers to your Password or Personal Identification Number, and is used during the initial sign-on, or the Password you select after the initial sign-on, that establishes your connection to PNB Online.
- Times of Day references are to Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight Time as applicable.
- ' We' refers to Peoples Neighborhood Bank which offers the services and which holds the services.
- 'Consumer' refers to a natural person not including organizations such as corporations, government agencies, estates, trusts, partnerships, proprietorships, cooperatives, or associations
Access to services
Access to PNB Online will be gained through the use of your internet-enabled device, your internet service provider (ISP), your PNB Online customer identification number and your Password/PIN.
- Account numbers are not used by PNB Online. A "Pseudo name" is used in place of an account number to maximize the security of our online banking system.
- Each user will privately maintain a combination of a log-in identification number and Password. Do not share your Password with anyone. The initial Password will be generated by the bank, and the user will be required to change it after their initial login. Transactions cannot be performed until the Password is changed. For additional protection, we strongly recommend you change your Password every 30 days.
If your Password has been lost or stolen, call us immediately at (570)879-2175 ext.125 or 1-888-868-3858 from 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
Consumers reporting the loss or theft of Password
If you are a consumer and you report the loss or theft of your Password within two (2) business days after discovery, you may be responsible for up to $50 of unauthorized use. If the loss is not reported within two (2)business days, and we can prove the unauthorized use could have been prevented had we been notified, you may be responsible for up to $500 of unauthorized use.
Non-consumers reporting the loss or theft of Password
Non-consumers who report the loss or theft of Password(s) are not protected under consumer protection laws and may be liable for any unauthorized use.
- Consumers reporting the loss or theft of Password
- If an unauthorized person attempts entry into your account, the system will disable your Password on the third incorrect attempt. If you accidentally activate this security feature by unintentionally miss-keying a Password three times, contact Peoples Neighborhood Bank at 1-888-868-3858 to re-activate your online account. The Password will be reset to the original default, once we have established your identity.
- A protective timeout feature will automatically log a user out after 10-minutes of inactivity.
You are responsible for complying with this agreement and with the terms of the agreement governing deposit or loan accounts which you access using electronic banking services. We can terminate your electronic banking privileges under this agreement without notice to you if you do not comply with the agreement governing your deposit or loan accounts or your accounts are not maintained in good standing. We will promptly notify you if we terminate this agreement or your use of the services.
To cancel the Peoples Neighborhood Bank Online Banking service, you must notify us in writing stating you are discontinuing your PNB Online service and provide your name, address, and the effective date to stop the service. The cancellation process may take up to 10 days from the date of the bank's receipt of your signed cancellation notice depending on the services in which you are enrolled. You may notify us using the cancellation form available here. After printing the form please complete, sign, and fax, mail, or drop it off at any of our offices.
We may convert your account to inactive status if you do not sign on to the service or have any transaction scheduled through the service during any consecutive 120-day period. If your account is considered inactive, you must contact us to have the service activated before you will be able to schedule any transaction through the service.
Hours of Operation
The services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except during special maintenance periods. For purposes of transactions, our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. All PNB Online transaction requests received after 6:00pm on business days and all transactions which are requested on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays on which we are closed, will be processed on the next business day.
Modification to this Agreement
This notice is merely a summary of select aspects of policies and procedures and does not constitute a contract. We reserve the right to revise the policies and procedures described in the notice from time to time. We will notify you of changes at the address on your account records and the revised terms and conditions shall be effective at the earliest day allowed by law. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement and your use of the services in whole or in part at any time without prior notice.
You will continue to receive your regular account statement monthly.
While we continue to do everything possible to ensure the security of our system, we are not responsible for any breach of security that is outside of our control.
Fees for PNB Online
$32.00 - Stop payment fee per transaction
$32.00 - Overdraft fee per item
Peoples Neighborhood Bank (PNB) understands that our continued success as a financial institution relies on both our ability to offer banking services to you in a secure manner as well as your responsibility in keeping any access codes, passwords, or PINs secure.
Designed and tested with and by industry experts, Peoples Neighborhood Bank Internet Banking uses state-of-the-art technologies to protect your information. To assist us in offering these WEB based banking services in a secure manner, we employ a number of measures. These measures allow us to authenticate your identity properly when you access these services and protect your information as it travels the internet between your PC and PNB.
Besides the security measures already mentioned, we employ internal bank controls to ensure optimum security for your Internet Banking.
Government regulators oversee all of our banking operations including Internet Banking. In addition, government agencies regularly audit our operations to ensure we comply with best business practices and the law.
We are constantly upgrading our system to include the most recent Internet Security Features. Suspect reports are generated daily to monitor and ensure that no one is attempting to log in to your account who shouldn't have access.
Every possible effort is made to ensure that your account information is protected from unauthorized access. For questions or to request more information regarding security issues please call (570)879-2175.
ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS
YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Electronic Fund Transfers we are capable of handling for consumers are indicated below, some of which may not apply to your account. Please read this disclosure carefully because it tells you your rights and obligations for these transactions. You should keep this notice for future reference.
TRANSFER TYPES AND LIMITATIONS
You may use PEOPLES NEIGHBORHOOD BANK Online Banking/Bill Pay to make:
- Transfers of funds between checking and savings accounts upon request.
- Initiate electronic fund transfers to third parties.
You may arrange for us to:
- Accept certain direct deposits to your checking account.
- Accept certain direct deposits to your savings account.
- Pay certain recurring bills from your checking account in the amounts and on the days you request.
- Pay certain recurring bills to Peoples Neighborhood Bank from your savings account in the amounts and on the days you request.
Limitations on frequency of transfers.
- Transfers from a money market deposit account or a savings account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, or telephone transfer are limited to six per month or statement cycle with no more than three by check, debit card or similar order to third parties.
- For security reasons, other limits are placed on the number of transfers you can make in PEOPLES NEIGHBORHOOD BANK Online Banking.
You should print a confirmation at the time you make any transfer to or from your account using PNB Online.
If you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company, you can view the deposit in PNB Online to find out whether or not the deposit has been made.
You will get a monthly account statement from us, unless there are no transfers in a particular month. In any case you will get a statement at least quarterly.
Right to stop payment and procedure for doing so.
If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments.
Here is how:
- For payments made using PNB Bill Pay: you may edit or delete payments scheduled Sunday through Friday up until 10:00pm CST the day before the scheduled payment date you set. After this time, you must contact Bill Pay Customer Service.
- For all other payments: call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure, in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call.
Notice of varying amounts.
If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you, 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. (You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set.)
Liability for failure to stop payment of preauthorized transfer.
- Payments scheduled and/or initiated through PNB Online or PNB Billpay services. PNB Online and PNB Billpay initiated transfers and payments are the sole responsibility of the PNB Online/Billpay customer.
If you order us to stop one of these payments three business days before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages with the exception of:
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION'S LIABILITY
Liability for failure to make transfers
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line.
- If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us written permission.
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe an unauthorized electronic transfer has been made. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within two business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone initiated an electronic transfer without your permission. (If you believe your user ID# and/or Password has been lost or stolen, and you tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your user ID# and/or Password without your permission.
If you do NOT tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your user ID# and/or Password and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your user ID# and/or Password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
Contact in event of unauthorized transfer.
If you believe your user ID# and/or Password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure.
ERROR RESOLUTION NOTICE
In case of Errors or Questions about Your Electronic Transfers,
Call or Write us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 14 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, an internet transaction, a point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. An account is considered a new account for 30 days after the first deposit is made, if you are a new customer.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Peoples Neighborhood Bank
PO Box A
Hallstead, PA 18822
Equal Housing Lender
Peoples Neighborhood Bank does business in accordance with Federal Fair Lending Laws.
Federal Fair Housing Act
Under the Federal Fair Housing Act, it is illegal, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, handicap, or familial status (having children under the age of 18), to:
- Deny a loan for the purpose of purchasing, constructing, improving, repairing, or maintaining a dwelling, or to deny any loan secured by a dwelling; or
- Discriminate in fixing the amount, interest rate, duration, application procedures, or other terms or conditions of such a loan, or in appraising property.
If you believe you have been discriminated against, you should send a complaint to:
Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Washington, DC 20410
for processing under the Federal Fair Housing Act
FDIC Consumer Response Center
1100 Walnut St, Box#11
Kansas City, MO 64106
for processing under the FDIC Regulations.
Equal Credit Opportunity Act
Under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, it is illegal to discriminate in any credit transaction:
- On the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, or age;
- Because income is from public assistance; or
- Because a right has been exercised under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.
If you believe you have been discriminated against, you should send a complaint to:
FDIC Consumer Response Center
1100 Walnut St, Box #11
Kansas City, MO 64106