Location: Emrick Boulevard Office
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field normally required; specialized bank training and education.
- Communicates clearly in English, proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to manage employees.
- A thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank products and services.
- A working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures.
- Strong understanding of loan documentation.
- Moderate PC skills; proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office; visual and auditory skills; valid driver’s license.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of branch experience normally required.
Brief Job Overview:
Manages the branch office in order to meet the financial services needs of customers in the assigned community market area as follows:
- Exercises the control over the branch and ensures that all customer services are provided, customer problems are solved, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Represents the Bank in the community and develops and promotes the Bank’s services; makes monthly sales calls; develops new customers and sells various bank services.
- Works with management in establishing growth, sales, and profit objectives for the office; provides input to these objectives and to the manner in which performance will be measured and controlled.
- Ensures that the branch office is properly staffed and that the staff is trained to meet customer service needs as well as sales objectives.
- Makes certain that all office operations are performed in accordance with established bank policies and procedures, either directly or through appropriate supervisor, e.g., office balancing, control of vault cash, etc.
- Explains Bank policies and procedures to employees and customers as needed.
- Provides guidance, training, and motivation to branch personnel.
- Maintains prescribed security controls.
- Obtains loans from new and existing branch customers, sends loan applications to Loan Operations Department, and may close loans.
- Prepares audit responses, deficiency, and delinquent loan reports.
Cleaning/Light Maintenance Assistant
Part Time Evenings/5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Location: Central City Office
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred;
- Communicates clearly in English;
- Basic reading and writing skills; ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, crawl, and lift items weighing 50 lbs. or less;
- Visual and auditory skills.
Brief Job Overview:
- Sweeps, mops, and scrubs rooms and hallways; vacuums carpets;
- Cleans windows, furniture, and equipment, cleans/dusts stairways, empties trash;
- Cleans restrooms; maintains proper supplies in restrooms;
- Assists with cleaning and buffing lobby floors;
- May assist in snow removal efforts when necessary;
- Notifies Facilities Supervisor of equipment replacement/repairs needed or problems observed, i.e. replacement of light fixtures and light bulbs when needed, leaks, broken equipment or furniture;
- Assists with some replacements/repairs as instructed.
Location: Various Branch Locations
A high school diploma or equivalent. Moderate reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient analytical and mathematics skills; proficient communicative and interpersonal relations skills; knowledge of PC and teller computer system; knowledge of bank products and services; ability to operate various office machines; ability to lift approximately fifty (50) lbs. of coin; visual and auditory skills. Cash handling experience normally required.
Brief Job Overview:
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Performs a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office of which the following are illustrative:
- Processes customer transactions, such as check cashing, deposits, withdrawals, money orders and cashier’s checks.
- Verifies cash and endorsements.
- Balances cash drawer.
- Receives and credits MasterCard and Visa payments; issues cash advances.
- Balances and services ATM machines.
- Balances night deposits.
- May be required, on occasion, to provide safe deposit box services to customers.
- Suggests other bank services to customers; refers sales opportunities to personal bankers and wealth management personnel.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
A Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company application and background authorization form is required. Print application, complete, and drop off at any Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company office, email to HR@psbt.com, fax to: 570-504-9930, or mail to the address listed below.
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company
Human Resources Department
150 North Washington Avenue | Scranton, PA 18503
Please fill out the following forms:
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, qualified disability, or any other protected status. Qualified applicants are considered for employment according to the federal laws and state laws of the respective state of employment.
Applications will be accepted for specific openings only.
In addition to an equitable salary and equal opportunities for professional development and advancement, there are other benefits that a position with Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company offers which enhance your job satisfaction.
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company believes that good benefits are a sound investment in its employees. A quality benefits program not only ensures the loyalty of long time capable employees, but also helps to attract talented newcomers that can help the Bank grow.
The following are the benefits offered to eligible employees:
- Health Care (for employees and dependents)
- PPO and EPO Medical Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
Life Insurance and Disability
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- ESOP Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty Pay
- Free Checking Account
- Free Safe Deposit Box
- Employee Assistance Program
- Banking Classes paid by Bank
- Job Posting Program
- Career Counseling
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company always retains the right to modify, supplement, or revise benefits for current and/or former employees.