Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Location: Lehigh Valley Region, PA
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree or General Banking Diploma preferred.
- Training in customer service, telephone etiquette, and sales required.
- Communicates clearly in English; proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relations, communicative and sales skills.
- Proficient PC skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all bank forms and documents used in opening new accounts.
- Proficient knowledge of the teller systems, transaction documents, and processing customer transactions, vault transactions and balancing.
- A working knowledge of bank consumer and business products and services, along with the operating policies and procedures that impact these products.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in customer service or bank operations positions normally required.
Brief Job Overview:
Works as an active member of the branch office sales/service team as follows:
- Provides support related to the day-to-day operations and financial services of the Bank, including, but not limited to, customer service for new accounts, customer transactions, retail banking products, and addressing and resolving customer concerns.
- Performs all CSR and Teller related duties on a regular basis.
- Assists customers with product selections for accounts and financial services throughout the Bank including Wealth Management, Cash Management Services, and Merchant Services cross-selling.
- Provides paying/receiving services to customers; maintains and balances a cash drawer and may run transactions for and balance the vault; maintains knowledge and skills in the areas of Teller & vault transaction processing, safe deposit, and discussing and accepting credit applications.
- Supports the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager by providing leadership, training, and support to less experienced branch staff members.
- Provides clerical assistance, support, and customer contact knowledge and insight to the lending team.
- Exemplifies the highest level of customer service; reinforces, monitors, and coaches the established customer service standards.
- Actively contributes to the achievement of the Bank’s strategic plan while exemplifying the Core Values of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge in aspects of the loan process including discussing and accepting credit applications, profiling, and document gathering.
- Assists the Branch Manager in coaching and development of staff members through cross training, leading branch huddles, and sharing of branch responsibilities.
- Works with the Branch Manager to ensure adherence to the Self Audit Checklist in order to maintain a satisfactory audit.
- Assists with various responsibilities of the branch including, but not limited to, processing daily overdrafts, signing authority, system overrides, and staffing needs.
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reports for accuracy and follow-up.
Location: Various Branch Locations
A high school diploma or equivalent. Moderate reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient analytical and mathematics skills; proficient communicative and interpersonal relations skills; knowledge of PC and teller computer system; knowledge of bank products and services; ability to operate various office machines; ability to lift approximately fifty (50) lbs. of coin; visual and auditory skills. Cash handling experience normally required.
Brief Job Overview:
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Performs a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office of which the following are illustrative:
- Processes customer transactions, such as check cashing, deposits, withdrawals, money orders and cashier’s checks.
- Verifies cash and endorsements.
- Balances cash drawer.
- Receives and credits MasterCard and Visa payments; issues cash advances.
- Balances and services ATM machines.
- Balances night deposits.
- May be required, on occasion, to provide safe deposit box services to customers.
- Suggests other bank services to customers; refers sales opportunities to personal bankers and wealth management personnel.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
A Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company application and background authorization form is required. Print application, complete, and drop off at any Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company office, email to HR@psbt.com, fax to: 570-504-9930, or mail to the address listed below.
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company
Human Resources Department
150 North Washington Avenue | Scranton, PA 18503
Please fill out the following forms:
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, qualified disability, or any other protected status. Qualified applicants are considered for employment according to the federal laws and state laws of the respective state of employment.
Applications will be accepted for specific openings only.
In addition to an equitable salary and equal opportunities for professional development and advancement, there are other benefits that a position with Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company offers which enhance your job satisfaction.
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company believes that good benefits are a sound investment in its employees. A quality benefits program not only ensures the loyalty of long time capable employees, but also helps to attract talented newcomers that can help the Bank grow.
The following are the benefits offered to eligible employees:
- Health Care (for employees and dependents)
- PPO and EPO Medical Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
Life Insurance and Disability
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- ESOP Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty Pay
- Free Checking Account
- Free Safe Deposit Box
- Employee Assistance Program
- Banking Classes paid by Bank
- Job Posting Program
- Career Counseling
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company always retains the right to modify, supplement, or revise benefits for current and/or former employees.