Visa Check Card
The VISA® Check card allows you the convenience of making purchases or accessing cash, without monthly bills, finance charges, annual or per transaction fees. When you use the VISA® Check Card the purchase amount is debited from your checking account.
No usage charge
- Up to 8 checking and 8 savings accounts can be accessed by one card.
- Point of sale transactions will be debited from primary checking account.
$500 daily ATM withdrawal limit & $1,500 daily debit withdrawal limit
- 12:00 AM thru 11:59 PM is considered one day
- Can be used in conjunction with Money Market accounts as long as a primary checking account exists.
* Subject to credit approval
Personal VISA Check Card Application
Please print, fill out, and bring into one of our 11 branch office locations.
Click here to download
Report lost or stolen cards immediately by contacting:
Peoples Security Bank and Trust
570-879-2175 or 1-888-868-3858 ext. 0170
After hours, please call Atlantic Communications at 570-879-0144 or VISA®
- Sign your Visa® Check Card as soon as you receive it.
- Never lend your card to another individual.
- Always check your sales slip carefully before signing it. Never sign a blank sales slip.
- Always save your sales receipts and review them against your statement.
- Always make sure the merchant has returned your card.
- Never give your VISA® Check Card number to anyone over the telephone unless you are sure their business is legitimate.
- Check references with the Better Business Bureau.
- Never give your PIN to anyone regardless of the circumstances.
Personal Identification Number (PIN)
For your protection, your PIN should be kept confidential. Your PIN is your personal electronic signature, and no one has the right to know your PIN.
For your security, PINs are automatically generated and are mailed shortly after the mailing of your VISA® Check Card.
You may change your PIN at any Peoples Security Bank and Trust ATM at any time. When selecting your PIN:
- Select one that is easy for you to remember, but difficult for someone else to guess.
- Do not use your birthdate, telephone number, or social security number.
- Your PIN must be four characters, either numbers or letters, and cannot include Q, Z, or be four zeros.
Check Card (Debit Card) Tips
For more information about debit cards in general, visit DebitFacts.org
Overdraft Consent Form
Click Here to review our overdraft consent form and policies.
Physical Theft / PIN and Card Number Theft/ Identity Theft / Hacking / False Cards / Skimming
Pop quiz: Can you be a victim of debit card fraud if you still have the physical card?
In a continuing effort to keep our Visa Check Cards as safe as possible, on Monday, Aug 29th, 2011, we will implement
The Fraud Center
The Fraud Center will allow PSBT to offer our cardholders increased customer service by monitoring their cards for suspicious transactions.
The Fraud Center has over 50 trained and experienced Fraud Analysts monitoring transaction alerts across the United States. The Fraud Analysts monitor alerts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Due to regulations set forth by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission), cardholders can only be contacted during the hours of 8:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.in their local time zone.
Cardholders can return calls to the Fraud Center any time of day.
By monitoring fraud trends, the Fraud Center is able to identify and stop ongoing fraud losses early in the fraud cycle, thus minimizing the impact of fraud to the financial institution.
This system is capable of creating alerts based on rules, models, cardholders' spending habits and logic to detect possible fraudulent activity within minutes of the transaction, while maintaining a low false positive rate.
High risk transactions are identified and reviewed by a fraud analyst. If fraud is suspected, the fraud analyst will attempt to contact the cardholder to verify the legitimacy of the transactions. If fraud is confirmed by the cardholder, the card is immediately *disabled to prevent further activity and the cardholder is instructed to contact PSBT. If the cardholder is not available to confirm the activity, the card will be temporarily *blocked until the cardholder contact is made.
The Fraud Center:
- Identifies potentially fraudulent transactions early in the fraud cycle.
- Offers opportunities to minimize the impact of fraudulent transactions.
- Provides complete and timely transaction review.
- Allows quick, positive action to reduce future fraud losses on behalf of PSBT customers.